Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Okay. So last blog, I discussed an opportunity. I've had the chance to talk with some of you about it, but here it is: I am in the process of applying for a teaching position in South Korea! I don't know 100% that this is the direction I'm supposed to go in, but I figured-- I'll apply, and if it's not God's will, He'll shut the right doors for me. But basically, I'm waiting on some reference letters and then it'll all get sent in.

What I know about the program:
- It's headed up by Korea's department of education
- I would be teaching English (obviously)
- I would be in a public school
- I would be the only foreign teacher in said school
- I would be there for a year
- I'd have my own apartment, etc.

What I don't know:
- Where I'll be placed (assuming it all goes through and I decide to go)
- How to speak Korean.
- What age group I'll be teaching (I requested middle/high but it's first-come-first-serve as far as the applications and preferences go)


My parents and friends are all being super supportive, which I'm soooo grateful for. I need all the prayer I can get... But this could very well be what I'm doing until August 2012 (ignoring the fact, of course, that the world is ending sometime around then).

Thanks for all your prayers and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment