Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ten

There are ten days between me and a Bachelor of Arts degree. From wearing a silly gown and a ridiculous hat. From walking across a stage, hoping I don't trip in front of everyone, receiving a book that's actually empty (the actual diploma will come in the mail later). Ten days until my apartment- my home- is packed up, stripped of decorations, knick knacks, and memories. Ten days until I drive to Indiana (at least for the summer). Ten days until I'm a college grad (I am already one-- but this time, I'm not going back. At least not for a while).

I honestly can't find words to express how this feels. I am so excited. And so scared. I have no idea what my future holds. Even in ten days, I'm not sure what I'll be doing. I am waiting back to hear about a summer job. I am hoping I get an email about an interview for a job in August. But it's all so tentative. If these things don't work out-- I have no plan. Even them working out is terrifying. It means a huge move (across an ocean and everything)...

Gah. I really don't know how to put what is going on in my mind. I guess this feeling is pretty normal. But what I wouldn't give for some clarity and stability...

Psalm 3:5-6 -- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment